Research shows that up to two kilos heavier are most of us during the Easter period, as a result of the nutritional excess that accompanies the fast of Lent. Easter kilos are easily lost as long as the right way is followed, since these specific kilos have not been digested by the body, which means that they can be lost easily and permanently by following a proper personalized diet plan.
However, before going on any diet it is important to recognize the signs that led you to binge:
- Unsettled meals: Many people make the mistake of overeating all the festive delicacies i.e. eggs, tsoureki, lamb throughout the day. This stops with the return to everyday life.
- Excessive alcohol intake: Alcoholic beverages are rarely missing from the program during the holidays. However, their excessive consumption can have unpleasant consequences, such as headache and intoxication.
- Skipping breakfast: the fact that you wake up more slowly during the holidays does not mean that you should eat lunch straight away. The sudden intake of food is what usually causes gastroesophageal reflux disease and indigestion.
- Large forks: these days you forget the classic serving on the plate and snack all the time from all the dishes, thus underestimating the actual amount of food you consume.
- High consumption of fats & calories: after 40 days of fasting you try to consume what you were deprived of (sweets, meat, cheeses), so you get away with both fat and calorie intake.
- Eating late at night: in view of the celebration of Easter, you give remission of sins to your eating irregularities and eat a regular meal both at noon and in the evening, resulting in the doubling of your daily caloric intake and the index of the scales to show above!!!
So, in order to get rid of the easter kilos, emphasize the following: under no circumstances should you panic by choosing an "unorthodox" method: "detoxification", "monophagy", etc., in order to achieve rapid weight loss.
- In the salad you say... YES: Due to the low caloric content and their high fiber content, they create an early feeling of satiety and fullness, thus limiting your appetite.
- Eat slowly – Chew well: Adequate chewing provides to the body is essential for complete digestion, prevents the onset of bulimic episodes and by extension obesity
- Do not forget the fruits and natural juices for the intermediate meal, which will provide you with fiber, which will help in the proper functioning of the intestine.
- Also drink enough water throughout the day. The water will both hydrate you and cause the satiety of the stomach.